George Kao – Marketing as a Way to Find/Refine Your Calling/Purpose
We should be thinking about our marketing as a way to increase the value we bring to other people and our world. Today’s guest, George Kao, talks about marketing as a way to refine your calling and purpose and discusses his book How to Gain New Clients Through Connection, Caring, and Service.
In this episode, we talk about:
- The concept of authentic business and how it differs from traditional mainstream business
- Prioritizing service and authenticity over cold calculations and metrics
- How the concept of authentic business applies to health and wellness coaching
- The idea of “joyful productivity” — doing business in a meaningful and heart-centered way
- About his book How to Gain New Clients Through Connection, Caring, and Service.
- Gaining new clients through connection, caring, and service
- Nurturing a warm audience and offering genuine and consistent offers
- Authentic content as an intersection between the exploration of our passions and service to humanity
Since 2009, George Kao has been a trusted conscious marketing advisor to thousands of coaches, counselors, consultants, speakers, and authors.
His mission is to raise the marketing effectiveness of those who deeply value and prioritize integrity and compassion in their business.
George’s specialty is helping people grow their ideal audience with authentic online marketing.
This can include developing an effective social media presence (including Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube), using authentic webinars to serve potential clients, and creating online visibility through blogs, videos, and podcasts.
George Kao helps clients stabilize their income, expand their visibility online, and structure their business so that they can experience more freedom and joy in their work.
In his first year in business, he exceeded $10,000/month in revenues, and by the third year, George’s email list had grown to more than 10,000 subscribers and annual revenue was $350,000. Most of his money was earned from selling his online courses and group coaching programs.
After experiencing a spiritual breakthrough in his life, George transformed his business toward radical generosity, and has been giving away most of his content — now more than 1,000 free videos and articles.
George has conducted thousands of 1-1 business coaching sessions with clients.
He has also taught hundreds of webinars and has created over a dozen online courses.
For many heart-based solopreneurs around the world, George Kao is the go-to expert and advisor on the topics of authentic marketing, and how to create a business that is truly ethical and fulfilling.
- “Authentic means, ‘I’m doing this for my passion, and also I’m doing this as a service to humanity’.”
- “No matter how we work, the results cannot be fully determined.”
- “The more successful your content is, the lower your conversion rate is going to be.”
Mentioned In This Episode:
Access free articles and videos about authentic marketing and joyful productivity at: www.GeorgeKao.com
Links to resources: