Julieanna Hever – The Plant-Based Dietitian
A whole food, plant-based diet is nutrient dense, delicious, and available to anyone. If you are plant-curious, Julieanna Hever explains how to start your plant-based journey.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Why Julieanna promotes a whole food plant based diet
- Plant Based diets and why they are more inclusive
- Six daily food groups one should eat in a plant-based diet
- Nutrients and minerals you should supplement
- Julieanna’s approach to helping client’s lose weight
- Transitioning into a plant-based diet and staying positive
- The Choose You Diet book full of 75 recipes
Julieanna Hever, MS, RD, CPT, The Plant-Based Dietitian, has a BA in Theatre and an MS in Nutrition, bridging her biggest passions for food, presenting, and helping people. She has authored seven books, including the brand new Choose You Now Diet, The Healthspan Solution, Plant-Based Nutrition (Idiot’s Guides), and The Vegiterranean Diet, and two peer-reviewed journal articles on plant-based nutrition for healthcare professionals. Julieanna is the host of The Choose You Now Podcast and previously was the host of What Would Julieanna Do?, a TEDx talk, and instructor for the eCornell Plant-Based Nutrition Certification Program. She’s appeared on The Dr. Oz Show, Harry, and The Steve Harvey Show. Julieanna speaks and consults with clients around the globe.
- “It’s been associated with the reversal of advanced stage cardiac disease and type 2 diabetes.”
- “The Six foods that are so unique nutritionally and offer the most amount of benefit and advantage by consuming them on a regular basis.”
- “Literally, there is no such thing as a perfect diet.”
- “You’re choosing your diet, you’re choosing your weight, you’re choosing your goals.”
- “If you go in there with a sense of adventure and wonder, it’s fun. It doesn’t have to be perfect.”